Heavy Metal Detox Without A “Healing Crisis”
Using among others the QEnergySpa, BEFE Technology
© Copyright 2001 by Timothy Ray, O.M.D., L.Ac., USA
Explore! for the Professional, Volume 10, Number 6
Clinical experience and laboratory evidence demonstrate that it is not necessary for a patient to go through a ‘healing crisis’ to successfully rid the body and brain of heavy metals. A rationale and method for achieving this end, based on the author’s clinical findings, are presented for your consideration.
The Healing Crisis
It is not appropriate to treat a chronic condition in the presence of an acute condition.1 When this basic rule of prioritization is broken, the patient is further compromised by additional and unnecessary stress, thus aggravating the acute condition. Therefore, a ‘healing crisis,’ which is an acute condition, cannot be considered acceptable during heavy metal detoxification, a therapy which is used to address the underlying causes of chronic degenerative diseases.
The symptoms of a healing crisis can include: acute nausea, vomiting, fever, fatigue, muscle weakness, malaise, headache, body aches & pains, back pain, hair loss, flatulence, peripheral neuropathy, sore throat, constipation, abdominal pain, dizziness, confusion, irritability, emotional and mental instability.
Clinical experience shows that one or more of the following causes a healing crisis:
- More toxins have been mobilized than the chelator can bind and or the patient’s pathways of elimination can excrete, and that the resulting symptoms are caused by the re-disposition of the remaining toxins in the body.
- The chelator is toxic in and of itself.
- Over dosage of an appropriate chelator.
- An allergic reaction to the chelator or the mobilized metals.
- Inappropriate selection of chelator / pathway of elimination.2
- The patient has a low battery focus3 and cannot utilize the remedy they need.
- There is an unidentified focus with greater priority; i.e. a chronic condition (metal toxicity) is being treated in the presence of an acute 2 condition (such as a ‘healing crisis’, sub clinically infected root canals, sinus, appendix, sudden emotional stress, etc.)
- Blocked autonomic regulation.
- Instability of the central nervous system (CNS).
- Inadequate, inappropriate or toxic drainage remedies. Disruption of homeostasis by any of the above causes weakening of the system that predisposes the patient to either an acute exogenous or endogenous infection, or an acute flare up of their chronic condition. Common sense indicates that if the diagnosis, prescription and dosage are correct the patient will only be and feel better.
Clinical Application of NDF
The method described here is based on a simple clinical observation: Take out the garbage and the system tends to self-regulate. First identify the primary obstacle or toxin in a patient’s system and remove it safely. Do this one step at a time, with one remedy at a time where possible. Wait and observe the impact of that on their system, allowing them time to achieve whatever degree of self-regulation they can without further intervention. Re-evaluate and proceed to the next issue. Attempting to treat diseases or symptoms without doing this first leads to temporary results or side effects, even while using the most advanced therapies and remedies available today. After the detox and the obstacles are resolved, those same therapies and remedies effectiveness are increased by many orders of magnitude. (This is discussed in more detail later in ‘Concluding The Case.’) Because my clinical focus for the last year and a half (out of seven years of treating metal toxicity) has been the treatment of chronic heavy metal toxicity with a MIER Type Chelator (NDF)4, I will outline the method that has worked so well for my patients and then give laboratory and case history examples.
The Questionnaire and Obstacles Worksheet 5
The patient fills in an eight-page questionnaire designed to detect lifestyle and other obstacles that might be causing the condition or preventing effective treatment of the condition. If appropriate, they are given an ‘Obstacles Worksheet’ that identifies the (up to 43) obstacles they must clear up either before or during therapy.
Following is a chart identifying the most critical of these obstacles. 3
|Acute illness in progress||Address this first|
|Chronic illness in acute stage||Address this first|
|Severe debility, elimination problems||Address this first|
|Amalgam fillings still in teeth||If patient is strong enough, refer to holistic DDS who uses rubber dam, nasal 02, vacuum and materials compatibility testing. NDF protocol during removal.|
|Root canal teeth||Evaluate severity. Better to have amalgams and root canals removed before treatment when possible.|
|Acute infected root canals, cavitations||Refer to DDS. Infection may not clear until metal detox is complete, at least control it.|
|Poor nutrition||Withdraw negative foods per blood type; mostly raw, organic, alkaline forming, local foods; no junk, GM, or artificial foods; possible amino acid / electrolyte supplement.|
|Not chewing food thoroughly||Chew to a liquid, use blender if amalgams still in the teeth|
|Severe distended abdomen||Mayr Cure before and / or during detox.|
|Mental dysfunction, sleep disorders, addictions, history of brain trauma, concussion||Refer to real time EEG neurofeedback first; begin detox after CNS is more stabilized.|
|Mother had amalgams during pregnancy||Start ‘dump’ journal of thoughts and feelings, burn pages daily without re-reading.|
|Not breast fed first year||Do not eat the protein that was in the baby formula (milk, soy, etc.)|
|On prescription drugs||Alert MD that dosages may have to be reduced as detox progresses; also that NDF may recognize some drugs as toxic and eliminate them (synthetic hormones, antibiotics).|
|Geopathic stress||Colloidal Crystal Complex under bed, move|
|Electro Magnetic Radiation (computer screens, high tension power lines, electric blanket, etc.)||Quantum unit, move, grounding|
|Mold and mildew||O3 unit, clean up, keep area lit and humidity down, find out what kind, move|
|Chemical household and hygiene products||Change to non toxic|
|History of severe allergies||Refer to NAET practitioner|
|Taking multiple supplements||Stop 3 days and re-evaluate|
|Drink or bathe in tap water||Trinity water and shower filter|
|No exercise||Minimum short time on rebounder or Qi Machine, personal trainer|
|Tender scars, adhesions||Refer to body work, neural therapy, cold laser therapy|
|Obesity||Weight loss program will begin metal detox, start there, slowly.|
|Continuing toxic exposure||Stop it, move|
If I see obstacles that I know therapy and remedies are not strong enough to overcome or keep at bay, I tell the patient they must be resolved before detox can begin or they will be wasting our time and their money. If they still want to proceed, I refer them elsewhere.
The SchwerMetall (Heavy Metal) Test 8
This test is useful for the patient who cannot afford outside lab testing and for a general ‘yes or no’ indication of metals in the urine during therapy. I ask the patient to bring in a cup of 1st morning urine at the first visit, with no supplementation 3 days prior. If no metals are revealed, we move up to a provocative challenge test with NDF, the dose of which is determined by their constitutional strength or by ramping up to the standard challenge dose of 4 – 6 mls.
Heart Rate Variability
This test provides an objective measure of autonomic regulation and clearly shows the patient their general progress. On a scale of 1 to 13 (best), if their symptoms go away at 5, and they started at 4, they can see that they have not achieved any real ‘health insurance’ until they get up to 11 or 12. It can inspire them to persist to completion.
Assessment with the Performance 20019
I follow the testing protocol established by Dr. H. Schimmel MD. Normal values are between 400 – 800 nA. There are three main categories of readings: 5
Category 1. All points read below 400nA. There is a focal blockage problem, most likely a low battery, blocked regulation or CNS instability.
Category 2. Some points are above and some below normal. Correct the lowest reading as it represents the body’s most urgent need. If possible, find a single remedy that will both correct the lowest and highest reading. The more remedies in the protocol, the more difficult it is to manage the case. Generally, only the remedy corresponding to the patient’s primary need will correct both the lowest and highest reading.
Category 3. All points read above 800 nA. There is an acute state of inflammation, allergy, infection, acidosis, or hyper arousal.
Significance of P-2001 Findings
- If the patient is in Category 1 or 3, correct the readings to normal range first before beginning detox.
- Remedy testing in Categories 1 and 3 is not accurate, Ingestion Testing is (described below). An examination of the obstacles and symptoms may provide a clue to the first step. Usually these categories require ‘deductive’ therapy (withdrawal of an offending substance) or obstacle correction (sometimes as simple as chewing their food) for a week or so before remedies can be given safely.
- NDF-Plus, Inhaled Ionized Oxygen, cold laser or BioPhoton therapy, and the BEFE (Biological Electronic Frequency Enhancement, BEFE) footbath will generally be of benefit in Category 1.
- If head trauma or mental dysfunction appear in the history, real time EEG neurofeedback has helped stabilize patients in both Categories 1 and 3.
When the patient falls into Category 2, I do the remedy testing. If metal toxic, I first attempt to correct all points with NDF or NDF-Plus to keep the case as simple as possible. Most of the time it works. The information derived here will represent about 50% of the total picture. This objective measure, and other subjective resonance testing methods, only measure the body’s electrical reaction to the frequency of the tested substance, not the remedies post ingestion 6 chemical effect on the whole body. This gives a good clue, but not a final answer.
I then give the patient a small (usually one drop) dose of the tested chelator/remedies, that they can taste,10 and ask them to go sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes. I then retest the focal points. If they now test within normal range, I know I have a tolerated, effective, minimum dose. I teach the patient how to ramp up the dose and how to use the Coca Pulse Test.11 With the Coca Pulse Test they have an ‘Ingestion Testing’ tool with which to evaluate changing remedy and dosage needs and sensitivities at home.
Window of Improvement
We know from independent real time digital EEG studies of patients with toxic heavy metal burdens that the voltage of their Beta waves tends to be depressed, and that after taking a correct dose of NDF, the voltage of their Beta waves increases into normal range in between 5 minutes to two hours post ingestion. The moment this happens, the patient reports a simultaneous subjective improvement in clarity and / or well-being. The experience of improvement of function has been clinically verified by real time EEG to last at least 4 hours 12 and can actually last for days.
Please note that the arrival at this sense of improvement is concurrent with a major simultaneous increase in the elimination of heavy metals, as verified by independent lab testing13, and thus proves that heavy metal detox can proceed without a healing crisis.
I call this the Window of Improvement.
Ramping up the Dose
The patient ramps up the dose until the “Window” is reached and then stays at that dose until a ‘plateau’ of no improvement is reached – at which point they gradually increase or decrease the dose to once again find the “Window.” Please see the graph below. 7
The correct dose can fall anywhere on this line. Note that if the dose is too small, no effect is noticed. If the dose is too large, the symptoms of a healing crisis will appear. I generally begin ingestion testing with one drop because if tolerated, the patient is safe to begin ramping up.
If one drop of NDF is not tolerated, I change to a photonic potency of NDF (frequency remedy) because the NDF had previously tested positive with the P-2001. In other words, if NDF tests positive with resonance testing, it can certainly be administered as it was tested: as a frequency. It no longer makes sense to me to prescribe a physical dose of a substance when it has only been tested as a frequency without also checking its effect post ingestion. This discrepancy can account for healing crisis symptoms if the person cannot utilize the chelator or remedies that they need.
Ramping Speed and Dose Increment Suggestions
The patient has a history of allergies and sensitivities, multiple chronic illnesses. Start with one drop of NDF in 10 oz distilled or r/o water and let them sip it slowly. Retest with the P-2001 or the Pulse Test. Insure that 10 oz of distilled or r/o water are taken every half hour until the second urination. If they have a low battery focus or debility and mental dullness start with NDF-Plus. Allow to stay at tolerated dose for a few days or a week, then ramp up in 1 drop increments every few days until the “Window” is found or a healing crisis appears, at which point back off to the previous dose and stay there for a week before resuming. 8
The patient still has a strong constitution and a recent onset of symptoms. The dose is variable up to 10 drops NDF in 10 oz distilled or r/o water. Insure that 10 oz of distilled or r/o water are taken every half hour until the second urination. Ramp up in 5 –10 drop increments every few days until the “Window” is found or a healing crisis appears, at which point back off to the previous dose and stay there for a week before resuming.
Acidic water (distilled or r/o) is taken with the dose and up to the second urination following the dose. This facilitates elimination. High quality alkaline water is taken thereafter to buffer the acidity (Trinity has a pH of 9). Drinking lots of water during detox insures against a healing crisis and helps provoke the metals out through the urine instead of the bowel. The dose is taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and then, after the ramping speed has been established, an additional dose again 2 hours after lunch. A dose twice a day is the target as this can provide a continuous sense of improvement; small frequent doses being more therapeutically effective than large intermittent ones. A dose is not taken at bedtime because the person might not have time to drink enough water in order to urinate twice or defecate before sleep.
As therapy progresses, most patients can tolerate and benefit from an increasingly larger dose. Armed with the Coca Pulse Test and the knowledge that they should only feel better, the “Window” is fairly easy to maintain. A method that I use, especially with patients who have a history of hypersensitivity, is to give the dose as x number of days on / x number of days off: usually 4 days on, 2 days off. One doctor reports that he stops the detox after two months for one week and sees an amazing acceleration of improvements during the rest period.
Bare Bones Method
Several recent cases (presented towards the end of this paper under Case Histories) have taught me that it is possible to manage a detox case at a distance and without expensive, difficult to use 9 instrumentation and testing protocols. The following steps were taken:
- Take history. Identify and discuss Obstacles. If major obstacles are present, correct them first. If there is a history of head trauma, mental dysfunction, stabilize the CNS with real time EEG neurofeedback first, if possible.
- Determine that there is no acute condition.
- If clear to begin, use Ingestion Testing. Note the pulse rate.
- If the person is debilitated, start with one drop NDF-Plus in 10 oz distilled or r/o water and sip over the course of an hour or more. If not, start with NDF, same method. If the person has amalgams the oral cavity is thoroughly cleansed (with MouthMagic) first and one drop is taken down the back of the throat, followed by the water. Another less popular option for those with amalgams is the rectal implant.
- The pulse is taken at 30 minutes and one hour following the dose. If ok, ramp up to the “Window.”
- If symptoms appear, stop. Re-evaluate or back up to the previous dose on the following day. Be sure there is proper water intake and bowel function.
- It can take some patients an extended time of ramping up the dose before they get to the “Window.” The more toxins and the more severe the metabolic dysregulation, the longer it takes. I encourage them to persist until they do.
Why Use NDF as the Single Remedy?
If the patient is only taking one remedy and their diet stays the same, there is much better control of the case, especially at the beginning. The following list shows the additional benefits of this approach:
- There is little to no danger of methylating mercury in the gut.
- It prepares the gut for the eventual safe recolonization with beneficial flora because it reduces the amount of metals in the gut and drives out pathogens with the competitive exclusion effect.
- It avoids the clear and present danger of heavy metal resorption in ‘leaky gut’ patients and the aggravation of other bowel and liver disorders when metals are mobilized via the liver and bowel because it predominantly mobilizes via the urine.
- It provides drainage and nutrient support in and of itself. 10
- It takes much of the onus of detox off of the liver and strengthens the kidney at the same time.
- If symptoms abate one is more certain that toxicity was the cause of the condition, and the picture is not confused by the superficial treatment of symptoms.
- It brings the metals out slowly (dose related), consistently and safely, not in sudden, massive amounts periodically.
- A greater, total amount of metals can be excreted safely per month than with other chelators.
- It is more cost effective for the patient.
Case Management: Troubleshooting Guidelines
Over dosage: If the patient ramps up too quickly they may provoke healing crisis symptoms. If this happens, they are told to do an organic coffee enema and drink 10 oz. of distilled water every half hour until the second urination following the dose. This gives quick relief. Then back off to the previous, tolerated dose on the following day.
Intermittent Low Battery Focus: This is a challenging case for both the patient and the doctor. One dose is tolerated, but the next is not. Identify the cause, and in the meantime have them use the QEnergySpa, BEFE footbath or IIO2 (Inhaled Ionized Oxygen Therapy) on a regular basis. One example: a patient tested at 10 on the Heart Rate Variability Monitor (HRV) and within normal range on the P-2001 (good). Right after the test he went and spent 2 hours with his mother in law, and did not have a good time. He then immediately retested his HRV and it was at 3 (bad) and his P-2001 showed low battery.
Sudden Stress: If the patient is suddenly subjected to acute stress, be it infection, financial, from a relationship, or whatever, they are told to pause the detox until they are back to a more normal or stable state and / or avoid the source of the stress.
Constipation: Take 1-2 tsps Epsom Salts, dissolved in 8 ounces of pure, warm water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Walk around and occasionally jiggle the belly, or get on the Qi Machine for 15 minutes. Do not sit down or go back to bed. This will usually provoke a quick cleansing of the entire GI tract. 11
Drainage and Metabolic Support Issues & Solutions
Utilizing the combination of clearing the obstacles and the broad based, bioavailable nutrient base provided by NDF, it becomes largely unnecessary to provide additional drainage support. In addition, the following therapies and products have been useful for some patients.
What Not To Do:
- Do not take megadoses of proteolytic enzymes until after the second urination following the dose as this may break some of the bonds that are carrying the metals out of the body. 80% of the metals provoked by a dose come out in the first urination following the dose, another 10% in the second.
- Avoid sulphur containing remedies (DMSO, MSM) and foods (garlic, cabbage, broccoli, etc.) until after the second urination following the dose as the sulfur may cause some binding in the kidneys.
These precautions are mentioned as theoretical considerations. I have not seen side effects from either of the above. If these or other supplements or remedies are required I give them after the second urination following the dose because urine lab testing shows that roughly 90% of what has been mobilized has been excreted by then, and therefore the active phase of the dose is mostly over.
Acidosis: Alkala is the gold standard. Pines low temperature dissolving Barley Grass not only replenishes the alkaline reserve, provokes the excretion and neutralization of acids, but also provides raw food, bioavailable nutrient support. Take it after the second urination following the dose. Take it before a meal to include weight loss, on an empty stomach for maximum effect, and after meals if the person is too thin. Chew it. Another solution is the use of a Micro
water unit that can produce water at a pH of up to 12.
Dysbiosis: Taking a powerful flora supplement at the beginning of detox can increase the methylation of mercury in the gut14. Both NDF and NDF-Plus prepare the gut for the eventual administration of flora, both by decreasing the metals in the bowel and the competitive exclusion effect. 12
Specific Drainage Support: Any of the Heel, Pascoe, Nessman, or spagyric remedies that pass the Ingestion Test can be of assistance.
Parasitic, Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal Infections: Generally, these conditions cannot be completely cleared until the metals have been mostly eliminated from the body. However, if they reach an acute stage, the following products can be useful to at least reduce the severity of the infections until a cure is possible. Too aggressive an approach can produce side effects, especially the treatment of candida 15.
Parasites: Silver & Clove, K-Min.
Bacterial: First Defence, Colloidal Silver, Sacro-B, Silver & Clove.
Viral: Systemic Formulas X-3 (lomatium) First Defense, olive leaf, c. silver, chaparral.
Fungal: Thorne SF 722 or Undecyn, protease.
All infections: proteolytic enzymes (Biozyme, Wobenzyme, protease) and Pleomorphic (Sanum) remedies.
Liver & Kidney Support: LiverLife taken with the dose of NDF is a useful all-purpose drainage and support remedy.
Lymphatic Drainage: I have about thirty remedies to choose from for this and none test as well as simply having the person use a rebounder trampoline. When lymphatics are a primary issue, having the person hop ten times an hour wherever they are works very well. Lymphatic drainage massage and deep tissue work should be approached cautiously as more metal may be released than can be eliminated.
Other Detox Support Measures: Chitosan / Liposan-Ultra bind fat soluble toxins in the bile, thus preventing them from recycling via the bile recycling system. Activated charcoal helps bind metals and other toxins in the bowel. Clay baths with NDF in the water and Far Infrared
Saunas help pull the metals and other toxins out through the skin, best used 30 minutes to an hour after the dose. The NDF, Castor Oil (Palma de Christi), and green clay (Aztec) poultice combination assists with localized toxic focal areas. Hydrolyzed whey (Immunocal) provides intracellular glutathione for anti-oxidant support. Coffee (organic only) enemas are of great benefit to the whole system 16 when done 3-4 hours after the dose of NDF. Epsom Salts or 13 magnesium peroxide (OxcOxy) 30 minutes to 2 hours after the dose (timed so that the bowel movement occurs roughly 4 hours after the dose) help to flush the bowel. O3 rectal insufflation or ozonated colonics are beneficial. Lots of pure water: distilled or r/o with the dose and up to the second urination following the dose, alkaline water (Trinity, Microwater) thereafter.
Avoid the following during detox: Fish, inorganic foods (pesticides and chemical fertilizers), canned foods and beverages, tap water contact (incl. public swimming pools), untested chlorella, tobacco, ionic mineral complexes, vitamin and mineral supplements that do not have a ‘certificate of analysis’ showing no heavy metals, and inorganic coffee (mercury, cadmium).
A government-sponsored database17 called Nutrient Data Laboratory on the internet had astounding (they are reporting in ppm, not ppb) information about the heavy metal content of foods and herbs, including but not limited to:
Aluminum: cucumber = 21,000 ppm, Echinacea = 12,900 ppm, lima beans = 3,000 ppm, gota kola, pennyroyal = 2,060 ppm, black cherry =1,440 ppm, buchu= 1,360 ppm, carrot, peach, beans = 1,050 ppm, asparagus = 700 ppm, tea = 690 ppm, ginger = 663 ppm.
Cadmium: St. John’s Wort = 7 ppm, spinach = 5 ppm, lettuce = 4 ppm, tomato = 1.7 ppm, dill, corn = 1 ppm.
Uranium: black walnut, filbert and hazel nuts < 1 ppm.
Mercury: Chinese cinnamon = 60 ppm, kelp = 40 ppm, dulse = 26 ppm, Irish moss = 7 ppm, and many Chinese medicinal herbs at about 1 ppm or less.
Arsenic: kelp = 68 ppm, dulse = 33 ppm, Irish moss = 10 ppm, grapefruit = 4.4 ppm, carrot = 1 ppm.
Lead: black cherry = 108 ppm, kelp = 91 ppm, persimmon = 81 ppm, apple = 64 ppm, tomato = 60 ppm, sassafras = 37 ppm, asparagus = 30 ppm, corn = 14 ppm, plum = 11.9 ppm, beans = 10.5 ppm, grapefruit = 7.7 ppm, lettuce = 6 ppm, cabbage = 5.8 ppm.
I suspect that they only tested inorganic foods. The herbs tested were probably ‘bulk’ because we have COA’s (certificates of analysis) on the Chinese herbal extracts I use that show no metal contamination. 14
How many patients are out there treating metal toxicity or their health in general:
- By juicing (carrot, tomato, cucumber, spinach),
- With weight loss (the grapefruit diet),
- The liver flush (apple juice),
- With baths (kelp, dulse, Irish moss),
- Trying the asparagus cure,
- Using buchu for drainage,
- The sauerkraut cure,
- Chlorella (4 out of 6 brands I tested were loaded with metals),
- A Chinese herbal detox program (cook the bulk herbs yourself),
- Or simply eating lots of Mexican food (corn tortillas, beans, & tomato salsa) or sushi (some fish contaminated, ginger, low quality beer)?
Although this is an informative site, there are many I foods I searched for, like chlorella, that have not been tested. An independent lab analysis by AMTEST Labs showed that NDF was not contaminated with heavy metals.
Concluding The Case
Generally, as therapy progresses, the patient will stay in the “Window” for longer and longer periods of time until they reach a point of restored health and no evidence of metals in the post
provocation urine challenge. If they haven’t already started real time EEG neurofeedback, I suggest that they do so to repair the brain damage caused by the metals. This crucial modality is the subject of a future paper and I now believe that the full restoration of vibrant, self-sustaining health is not possible without it.
At this stage Dark field examination of the blood and the Pleomorphic18 (Sanum) remedies become extremely effective. Metal toxicity causes acid-base disturbances, which inhibits their effect,19 and the terrain now has a chance to self-regulate, assisted by improved liver, kidney, bowel, lymph, lung and CNS function (elimination of acids). Likewise, now UBI (ultra violet blood irradiation), O2/O3, live cell, complex homeopathy, acupuncture, and other rejuvenation therapies become much more effective. Once the metals are cleared they can no longer sabotage the effectiveness of the other modalities. I think that many of the above mentioned 15 remedies and therapies were created and proved during a time before pollution and metal toxicity became such wide spread problems.
Depending on where they live and what they consume, small, weekly doses of NDF are suggested instead of a yearly, major detox.
MMR (measles, mumps, & rubeola) Vaccine Damage. Male, age 8.
Symptom onset following MMR vaccine in 1995: stopped smiling, talking, playing and looking at parents, developed yellow, foul smelling diarrhea, disrupted sleep, auto immune disorders, scars don’t heal, irritable bowel, low attention, lost ability to speak, eyes deviated, frenetic, bites hands to point of bleeding, bangs head against the wall, and stimming behavior. He was dropped on his head at 7 weeks but ‘developed normally afterwards’. Recently given DMSA which severely aggravated all symptoms. Mother was hysterical, also mercury toxic, and because of her son had not had a full nights sleep in years. I could not locate a holistic doctor or a real time EEG neurofeedback practitioner in her area so I took the case by phone and fax. We decided to do Ingestion Testing. Beginning dose was 1 drop of NDF in a 10 oz glass of distilled water, consumed slowly over the course of a day, once a day. Within one week he was
sleeping through the night most nights and there had been a significant reduction in all symptoms for the first time. He continues to improve, now taking 2 drops a day. The mother is also taking NDF, same method, and improving.
Mercury Toxicity diagnosed as Multiple Sclerosis
Female, former dental assistant, age 45, previously diagnosed as having MS with tremors and shaking, bedridden, and other symptoms of poor health. Sudden onset of symptoms after improper amalgam removal. Made initial progress using DMSA and other chelators but not restored to health (bowel resorption of metals and liver problems).
Started NDF using Ingestion Testing and experienced abatement of all symptoms. Recent exposure to 100+ degree heat caused an acute aggravation of tremors, took 5 mls NDF and got complete relief. Liver pain gone, kidney function restored. She’s back to work and very happy! She did an NDF provocative challenge: 16
Patient DS overall metal increase (1 challenge dose of NDF, 5ml
Highlights of the test:
- Mercury from below detectable level to dangerous levels
- Aluminum 200% increase
- Cadmium 137% increase
- Cobalt 141% increase
- Nickel 203% increase
This is another example of NDF provoking metals that the other chelators couldn’t reach. The actual Great Smokies before and after lab reports can be viewed at www.docray.com. Look on the site map for DS Before and DS After. (Several other before and after lab tests, and more case histories, can also be seen at this site.)
Acute Flu and Chronic Seizure
My son Max, age 7, went swimming in a chlorinated pool in the hot sun at a relative’s house. He came down with otitis externa, ‘the flu’, and difficulty concentrating and speaking. He has a history of seizure activity caused by mercury toxicity. The heat and chlorine seriously increased his seizure activity. He has had this happen before, but chlorinated pools are practically unavoidable in Southern California.
Both of my boys (7 & 10) had previously always responded to ChildLife’s20 ‘First Defense’ for cold & flu or any infection but this time I didn’t see the expected dramatic improvement, and suspected an obstacle. The Performance 2001 revealed that all of his points were below 200 uA, a low battery focus. Now, for the second time, I’ve seen that the combination of heat and chlorine creates at least a temporary low battery focus in the metal toxic patient. He was given a QEnergySpa, BEFE footbath in R/O water, re-mineralized with potassium citrate, for
35 minutes. Once again, he showed no improvement immediately following the QEnergySpa, BEFE footbath. However, twenty minutes following the treatment he was given another dose of First Defense. Within 2 hours all symptoms of the flu were clearing and he was becoming his vibrant, smiling self again. Soon afterwards I gave him a dose (10 drops) of NDF. Seizure activity stopped. Because the BEFE raised his ‘amperage’, he was again able to utilize the First Defense and get the benefit, clear up the acute condition, and then move on to dealing 17
with the aggravation of the chronic seizure activity. The big question is how do you keep a kid out of a swimming pool?
Life Long Undiagnosed Mercury Toxicity
A male, age 52, was dragged into my office by peer pressure. He had been sick every day of his life, had spent all of his life long discretionary income on doctors, and hated them. I looked at his long list of symptoms and history of diseases and asked him if he had amalgam fillings. He did. I asked him if his mother had amalgams during her pregnancy with him. She had. I was roughly the sixtieth doctor he had seen but the first who had inquired about the possibility of metal toxicity. (Given the polluted status of our bodies and environment, doesn’t it seem like heavy metal toxicity testing should be included in every new patient intake visit!?) After testing I told him I was convinced that mercury was his problem and that I would eat my hat if I were wrong. He told me, in a depressed and very serious tone, that I would also eat his hat if I were wrong. He tested for NDF as the single remedy so I told him to start slowly and work up. He elected to do a full NDF challenge test. The results came back with only a 5% increase in mercury. I wondered what hats tasted like. I called him and asked what dose he had taken. “Five drops, like you told me.” I said it was 5 droppers full, not five drops, and would he like
to repeat the challenge? “No, I don’t need to. I’m feeling better already. I believe you. I’m not depressed any more, but I’m mad as hell that I’ve been walking around poisoned for all these years and didn’t know it.” He came into the office a few days ago to get some more NDF, smiling….!!! He’s currently up to ten drops twice a day.
Low Battery / Metal Toxicity
Male, age 55, history of amalgams since removed, tests as a Category 1 with a low battery focus. He is not ill, simply looking for prevention, but everything he tries makes him feel worse. He is a high-powered, high-stress, successful businessman with 80 employees. Most notable in his questionnaire is that he only chews his food 3-4 times per bite and never relaxes at a meal. He also has a large, protruding abdomen but is not obese. I gave him a choice: “Either I can sell you an $8,000 laser system, a $2800 QEnergySpa, BEFE device or a $3,000 IIO2 unit, because you probably don’t have time to come in to my office 3 times a week for treatments with my units, any of which will temporarily and artificially correct your low battery focus, 18
upon which you may become dependent if you don’t identify and correct the cause, OR, you can try something simple and free that may correct the problem forever and assist you in becoming a self-sufficient and empowered person: chew your food to a liquid at each bite and only sit down to eat at a table with people you adore who won’t talk business with you. If you do have to sit down for a business or stressful meal, drink bottled water instead of eating food because you can’t talk while you’re chewing or digest if you’re stressed.” He decided to chew. I also took him off chicken (Blood Type B). One week later the low battery focus was gone and he then tested positive for NDF. The next step (leap for him) is a Mayr Cure.
Unknown Type of Poisoning
A male, age 35, had been severely fatigued and had cognitive dysfunction for 6 years. He had tried many kinds of treatments to no avail, all of which had aggravated his symptoms and produced a ‘healing crisis’. He was suspicious of doctors and only came to see me because his friend begged him to and had told him that I did not believe in the healing crisis approach. He had his amalgams removed several years back and that had made no difference. His mother had amalgams during the pregnancy, but he attributed the onset of his symptoms to the day he had been surfing near a sewage treatment plant. He never felt the same afterwards. He tested for NDF. I checked in on him a week later and he said, “The fog cleared yesterday for the first time, and it’s still gone today.” He’s taking 1 ml twice a day.
Mercury Toxicity and Hair Loss
A male, age 56, with lab verification of multiple metal toxicity, has been using various chelators and detox protocols, including Chinese herbs, for several years, usually with the unwanted result of increased hair loss and healing crisis symptoms. He says he has come to the conclusion that if the program makes his hair fall out, it’s not for him. He started NDF about three weeks ago, using Ingestion Testing, and reports that hundreds of new hairs are now growing on his head. He is feeling much better. I bring this case up because according to Chinese Medicine the kidneys control the growth of hair, which means that NDF is concurrently healing the kidneys from an energetic point of view. 19
You should see the look on my patient’s faces when, at the end of the first visit, I tell them “If I got the diagnosis, remedy and dosage right, you should only feel better. If you feel worse, it means that I’ve either missed something, the prescription is wrong, or you are not following instructions. Stop and call me immediately.” Most of them are so used to being told that they have to feel worse to get better that this comes as a big, and welcome, surprise.
By using the kind of individualized protocol described in this paper it is possible to go through heavy metal detox not only without a healing crisis, but feeling better constantly during the entire duration of the process. Throughout detox the amount of time spent in the Window of Improvement and the quality of well-being continue to increase as more and more heavy metals and other toxins are eliminated and the system thus has the growing opportunity to self- regulate with minimal intervention.
- Pleomorphic (Sanum) Products – 602-439-7977, pleoesp.com
- Qi machine – Dr. Bill Sniechowski DC – 310-459-2209
- QEnergySpa, BEFE footbath – Debbie Allen, Denver 303 782 4841 or Q the Experience Australia on Kansas Phone: 913 945 1227 (AU Time Zone)
- NDF, NDF-Plus, LiverLife, MouthMagic, Colloidal crystal complex – BioRay – 310-473-1813
- Quantum unit, Microwater – Kenneth Muchnij – 818-265-3993
- Trinity Water – 800-390-5693
- IIO2, P-2001, Mayr Cure – OIRF – 250-497-6020
- Pines Dissolving Barley Grass – 800-697-4637
- Silver & Clove, LiverLife, OxyOxc (mg. peroxide), sacro-b, chaparral – Scientific
- Biologics 714-847-9355
- K-min – Daily Mfg. – 704-782-0700
- Soverign Silver – 888-328-8840
- Olive leaf – East Park – 702-433-9040
- First Defense – ChildLife – 310-305-4680
- Biozyme – PhytoPharmica – 800-553-2370
- Chitosan / Liposan Ultra – Werum R&D –
- citrate – Spectrum Chemical – 800-772-8786
- Long standing peer opinion in the Biological Medicine field. I don’t know who said it first.
- “The Mobilization and Elimination of Systemic Heavy Metals in the Context of Biological Medicine” by T. Ray, Explore, V10, #5.
- “The Low Battery Focus” by T. Ray, Explore, V10, #4.
A copy is posted at docray.com
- Go to neuropathways.com and www.eegspectrum.com for information.
- Go to naet.com for information.
- You can find more information about this test at docray.com.
- Information on this testing modality can be seen at oirf.com or at www.docray.com.
- George Goodheart DC found out 20 years ago, and Royal Lee before him, that supplements need to be chewed and tasted at each dose to achieve maximum effect. If taken in a gel cap, soft-gel, or entero coated, the sublingual receptors that go to the brain only send the message that what was tasted is coming in, and therefore the brain is not synchronized into the processing of the actual remedy. This method is also of use in pointing out to the patient that some of the stuff they are taking is so disgusting, rancid and nauseating they would never allow it down their throats and past their basic instincs. With some supplements, like HCL and enzymes, only a small taste is required. These are two reasons why I prefer liquid and whole food supplements instead of pills, chemicals and injections (in nature a bee sting, snake, spider or mosquito bite). Medicine, like food, needs to be chewed.
- The patient sits down until they are relaxed then takes their pulse rate. The easy way is with an automatic BP cuff, or, count beats for 10 seconds and then multiply by 6. Write down the number. Take a dose. Take the pulse again at 30 minutes and 1 hour. If it has deviated from normal by 10 beats either up or down, the dose or remedy are not appropriate. Wait a few hours and start over. If there is no deviation, try it again at a larger dose until the “Window” is reached. If the pulse stays the same but they feel worse, they are instructed to come in for a visit.
- The test subjects ran out of patience after sitting still for four hours.
- “Preliminary Results Using Real Time Digital EEG to Record the Effects of an Organic Heavy Metal Detoxification Supplement (NDF) on the Brain for 2 Hours After Ingestion” by Dr. J. Randol Christman, D.Ac., unpublished.
- “The Methylization of Mercuric Chloride by Human Intestinal Bacteria“; Experentia, 31:9; 1975; Sept 15, 1064-5; IR Rowland; P Grasso; MJ Davies; British Industrial Biological Research Association, Woodmansterne Road, Cashalton, Surrey, SM5 4DS, England.
- I understand that Diedrich Klinghardt MD thinks that the body actually fosters the presence of candida in the heavy metal toxic patient because its cell wall binds to the metals, providing a measure of protection. If the candida cell wall is lysed, the metals are released. In clinic I’ve seen the candida go away as the metals are removed, without a healing crisis.
- See “Coffee Enema Techniques” by Morton Walker in Explore, V10, #5.
- http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/highchem.html and http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/.
- Pleomorphic (Sanum) Products can be reached at 602-439-7977, pleoesp.com
- Noted by Dr. Thomas Rau at one of his seminars on Isopathic Therapy.
- This company offers an excellent line of supplements for children; it’s founder and formulator, Dr. Murray Clarke, LAc DH, has specialized in paediatrics for many years.
ChildLife can be reached at 310-305-4680. Or, see their website at www.childlife.net.